Online Subject Selection (v2019) is now available. (Scroll down for 2019 new features)
There are three main components to the Online Subject Selection system process as follows:
Step 1. Set up the student subject parameters for your school
Step 2. Allow students to log in to Online Subject Selections to make their subject selections
Step 3. Export the selections in a format ready for review and easy import into TimeChart
- Completely web-based system hosted by AMIG Systems – all you need is a web browser to access
- Simple and easy-to-use administrator interface for customisation to your school’s requirements
- Ability to import student and subject data from existing sources such as TimeChart or in fact any timetabling or student administration system, minimising set up time.
- Ability to quickly see who has submitted selections and those who need following up
- Review the number of students selecting a particular subject (indicate popularity as selections are being made)
- Simple export of results to csv and subsequent import into TimeChart for further manipulation (e.g get right into the blocking process in minutes).
- Full support provided by AMIG Systems
Prices and how to buy
Access to Online Subject Selections is free-of-charge to Support Plan customers. If you do not have a Support Plan, please contact us to renew your Support Plan. Access is available to any organisation that does not have a TimeChart licence at the rate of AU$880.00 per year (GST included, deduct 10% GST for our international customers).
2019 New or updated features
- Removal of auto-closing date functionality. You are now required to close your own subject selections instance when you are ready rather than setting the system to auto close down. This will reduce the risk of accidentally reducing time for students to log in or accidentally providing them access AFTER closing date.
- A warning message now appears when you [Enable] a year highlighting the restricted changes that may be made once selections have opened.
- New list of students that ‘have’ completed selections in addition to the existing list of those students who ‘have not’ yet completed
- When exporting the CSV list of students who ‘have not’ completed their selections, the student passwords are also now included in the exported file so that you have a quick list of access to provide students access to their portal to finalise their selections
- New screen message for students accessing their selections via a small mobile device (such as a mobile phone), that we recommend they ‘rotate their device horizontally’ on order to be able to obtain a clearer view of their selection options
- Each time a Student clicks on the [Save] selections button, an email is sent to their email address listing their subject choices.Improvements to the formatting of tables on mobile devices – such as iPads, phones, tablets etc